Come and join our team!
Here at EXIT Newcastle, we’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative, and sociable people to join our team and share our goal of making EXIT the best experience for everyone involved.
We’re hiring another Game Master!
Please note: This application requires a cover letter. Tell us why you think you’re suitable for this role. Experience isn’t necessary, so don’t worry about that – just make sure you read the job brief, and tell us why you think you suit it!
At EXIT Newcastle we are always on the search for energetic, creative, and sociable people to join our team. We want our team to share our goal of making EXIT the best experience possible for everyone involved.
As a Game Master, you help provide a unique and immersive experience for our customers in a new and exciting field of entertainment.
- You’ll lock players into a game, brief them on rules, monitor the game through our control room, offer cryptic hints, and lead the EXIT game experience. Between each of the games, our Game Masters need to utilize the short time between bookings to reset the game in preparation for the next team.
- When not operating a game, you’ll be assisting with day-to-day operations: handling phone inquiries, e-mails, and quick fixes in the games if anything should break.
- Although rare, sometimes conflict resolution is needed. You must be able to remain calm while under pressure and think on your feet. EXIT is a live event and you must be able to handle the unexpected to ensure that our customer service is always five-star.
- You’ll be representing our company in front of players / clients, as well as communicating directly with corporations and organizations.
What we look for:
- Specific qualities we look for are: high energy, patient, enthusiastic, friendly, and approachable.
- We are looking for detail-orientated members to join our team. We need people who understand that the position can be fast-paced and hands-on.
- Innovative ideas, suggestions to more efficiently run the business, and a go-getter attitude are appreciated.
- It is important that we can trust you. Etiquette, grammar, personality, reliability, and a fun disposition are vital.
Previous work experience is essential.
Minimum Required Education:
- A-Levels or equivalent
Job Type: Part Time
Wage: £7.20 per hour
Location: Newcastle City Centre
- Weekdays: 4.00pm – 11.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am – 11.30pm
Weekend availability is a must, and non-negotiable
- Occasional midweek daytime games based on corporate team building events.
If you are interested in the position, please send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or queries about the role.